Top
 

About

Design Matters

Over the past 14 years, COGNITION™ has changed as much as the marketing landscape. But one thing remains the same, COGNITION’s heart to help and our commitment to use great design as a strategic differentiator.

We began with a desire to combine data-driven strategy with award-winning design. Over time we added digital strategy, website design, SEO and custom app development reflecting how today’s customer experience begins within the digital space. However, solid brand strategy and design will make or break digital engagement. That’s why we seek to lay a proper foundation that ends up maximizing digital goals. Fittingly, roughly half our work focuses on comprehensive branding services and the other half on digital.

COGNITION’s for-profit client-partners make up about 60% of our business and non-profit work the remaining 40%. We could make more money serving mostly for-profit companies, but we want to be “Creative for a Cause” in more ways than one. It isn’t just a catchy slogan. We put our money where our mouth is by offering our services like logo design, guerrilla marketing or website design to non-profits at a discounted rate.

Ultimately, COGNITION™ exists to employ the power of design on behalf of our client-partners, because good design is good for business, and non-profits leveraging good design are able to do more good.

Who we’ve worked with

For-profit

Food & Beverage

  • Blackthorne Restaurant
  • Blackjack Bar-b-que
  • Chobani
  • Compass Group
  • Dilworth Coffee
  • Golden Rule Bar-b-q
  • Green Brothers Juice Co
  • Foodie Call
  • Sky Valley Foods

Healthcare

  • 2U Medical
  • Clark Orthodontics
  • Hull & Coleman Orthodontics
  • Mecklenburg Neurological
  • Orthocad
  • Robert Heck Dentistry
  • Southview Dentistry
  • Yeager Chiropratic

Professional Services

  • C&d Landscapes
  • CNP Technologies
  • Core Sports
  • EMC Design
  • Hayden Harper
  • Horizon Investments
  • Jay Bilas
  • Mary Ferguson, CPA
  • National Junior Cotillions
  • Rockworth Financial
  • Topics Education
  • Trust Company of the South
  • Valuespark Capital

Real Estate & Development

  • Afterdisaster
  • Bardwell Development
  • Brown & Glenn Realty
  • Cambridge Isenhour Homes
  • Capstone
  • Cardinal Restoration
  • Core Properties
  • Colliers
  • The Ghazi Company
  • Grubb Properties
  • John Hatcher Realty
  • Koury Corporation
  • Rival Construction
  • Startmount/reedy Fork Ranch
  • Vannoy Construction
  • Vicus Builders

Retail

  • Epicentre
  • Flowers Of Charlotte
  • Fruitfull Kids
  • Le Mystere
  • Lexington Home Brands
  • Innovasource
  • Savvy Spaces

Non-profit

Education

  • Charlotte Christian School
  • Covenant Day School
  • Greensboro College
  • Hickory Grove Baptist Church
  • Johnson C Smith University
  • Johnson & Wales University
  • Reformed Theological Seminary

Humanitarian

  • Barium Springs
  • Down Syndrome Assoc. Of Charlotte
  • Lifespan
  • YMCA Of Greater Charlotte

Ministry

  • Church Sports Outreach
  • Crosspark Church
  • Freedom House
  • Forest Hill Church
  • Motor Racing Outreach
  • Parkview Church
  • Sim International
  • Sim USA
  • Sports Friends
  • The Barnabas Center
  • Serge
  • Young Life
  • Youth Commission